Many products that require users to interact with them to carry out their tasks have not designed with the user in mind. Typically they have been engineered with effective functions but they work well only in engineering perspective. But it has to likely to the people who going to interact with it in real life.
The aim of Interaction design is to increase the usability of a System by bringing usability into designing process.
As the central concern of Interaction design is to develop an interactive product it has to work on few things. Those are
- Easy to learn
- Effective to use
- Enjoyable User Experience
We can start thinking about how to design an Interactive System by “Comparing” well and poorly designed Systems. Through identifying specific strengths and weaknesses of different interactive System we can acquire knowledge to design our own interactive system. Also, we have to concern about
- who is going to use the System
- where they going to use the System
- what are the activities they are going to do while interacting with the System
Definition: Interaction Design is a designing task carried out with the intention of providing interactive products to support people’s everyday life.
Processes of HCI
- Identify needs and requirements of user
- Developing alternative design that meets those requirements
- Building interactive versions of the design
- Evaluating what is being built throughout the process
University of Jaffna