Understanding Your Mobile Application Development Options
- Screens are small, apps are big
- Mobile apps are no longer an option, they’re an imperative. You need a mobile app, but where do you start?
1. Native Apps Development
- Native Apps development is specific to a given mobile platform (iOS or Android) using the development tools and language that the respective platform supports
Xcode and Objective-C with iOS
Eclipse/Android Studio and Java with Android
- Native apps look and perform the best.
2. HTML5 apps development
3. Hybrid apps Development
- Hybrid apps make it possible to embed HTML5 apps inside a thin native container, combining the best (and worst) elements of native and HTML5 apps.
Mobile development is a constantly moving target. Every six months or a year, there’s a new mobile operating system/new version, with unique features only accessible with native APIs. The containers bring those to hybrid apps soon thereafter.