Actually c language is very powerful sensitive one. If you didn’t use the rules and regulations properly your application or computer will get stuck. So better whenever you are writing c program, you must follow the c program rules and regulations.
History of C
- C language was originally developed in the 1970s at the AT&T Bell Laboratories,
- The goal of C language was to replace assembly language programming.
- C’s many desirable features, began to promote the use of the language.
- C++ was developed in early 1980’s – another high-level language.
- C++ is built upon C language
- All standard C features are available within C++.
- However, C++ is not merely an extension of C language.
- It incorporates object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of C is an excellent starting point for learning C++.
Importance of C
- Small size
- Can write any complex program
- Useful and friendly
- Efficient and fast
- Extensive use of function calls
- Structured language
- Low level (BitWise) programming readily available
- Pointer implementation – extensive use of pointers for memory, array, structures and functions.
Structure of a C Program
- Every C program consists of one or more modules called functions.
- One of the functions must be called the main.
- The program will always begin by executing the main function, which may access other functions.
- Any other function definitions must be defined separately, either ahead of or after the main.